- Have pet scanned for a microchip.
- Place a lost & found free ad in the Florida Times Union (904) 359-4321
- Place a lost or found pet ad on Craig's list
- Make up a fliers, with a good description of the animal and if it is a male or female, spayed or
neutered, if it had a collar on, where it was found. List a contact number.
- Post the fliers at major intersections where the animal was found. Post the fliers at local
Veterinarian offices, feed stores and shelters in the area.
- Check with you local Veterinarian. Place found or lost fliers on the bulletin board.
- Safe Animal Shelter (904) 276-7233.
- Clay County Humane Society (904) 276-7729.
- Jacksonville Humane Society (904) 725-8766, fax (904) 725-3040.
- Clay County Animal Control (904) 269-6342, fax (904) 284-7812. At most Animal control shelters
all owner turned over pet(s) are immediately euthanized. Found pets are euthanized in 3-5 days.
- Keep animal and find a good home for them.
- Look up specific breed rescues on line to see if they have any opening.